We want to thank our members from Brownsville Independent School District and Point Isabel Independent School District for your continued support and preference for Association. Mr. Alegria and the entire staff are honored and privileged to be your guiding light for educational support. We are grateful and blessed to be able to serve each of you! We take your membership seriously and abide to protect and represent each one of you to the best of our ability. Our commitment to you is genuine and sincere, and as the great John Lewis said, we will “never, ever be afraid to make some noise and to get in good trouble, necessary trouble.” We will continue fighting for a livable and competitive wage, freedom of expression and association, and equity & equality within the workplace.
THANK YOU for allowing TVEA to represent you!!
Yours In Service,
Adina A. Alegria
Executive Director, TVEA
"Get to know us before you need us."
"Get to know us before you need us"
Texas Valley Educators' Association (TVEA) was founded in March 2013, knowing there was a need to bring a reliable, reasonable, and customer-centric focused association to all school district employees. Our grassroots association continues growing due to our determination, grit, and passionate member representation. We have an estimated 1,500 members, and our pledge to you is genuine, sincere, and accompanied by a proven record.
Sign up today and get to know us before you need us.
What we offer you:
- Your membership dues cover two local Staff Attorneys who represent you at no extra cost. Active paying members.
- Extended office hours and a home office to see members. We realize situations occur outside of regular business hours. Extended hours and a home office ensure that membership dues are reasonable and staff that can see members at different times.
- More than 40 years of experience in association leadership.
- Executive Board members have more than a combined 92 years of teaching experience.
- Customer-centric focused association, with four staffers available when you need someone the most.
- Official Volunteer Deputy Registrar
- $1,500 Life Benefit (In good standing)
- Website: www.tvea.net
- Local Representation:
Ismael Hinojosa Criminal Law
Alberto Alegria, TVEA President
Texas Valley Educators' Association is a professional organization made up of educators, administrators, and classified personnel based in Brownsville and Port Isabel, Texas. We know that our members are loyal and committed to their jobs, so we believe in standing behind them and providing them with the necessary tools to ensure their success. We accomplish this by working together with people by establish a network of support, information, and ongoing participation that is beneficial to our region.
The main objectives of our organization are; to grow a collective of members that are active voters, encourage community involvement, and provide assistance in times of need. We feel that by taking this approach, we will be able to leave behind a legacy of productive, respected, self-sustaining communities that will benefit future generations. Our mission is to spread education, collaboration, up to date information, best practices, and a richness of unity in order to form a strong bond.